|Medication and Illness

School personnel do not administer non-prescription over-the-counter medication. School personnel do administer prescribed, routine medications in the original container. EpiPens, asthma puffers and prescribed medication can be administered only after the appropriate authorization forms are completed (see the links below). Students are not to bring non-prescription medications (e.g. Tylenol) to school.

During the year it is sometimes necessary to contact parents and have them take their children home because of the onset of illness at school. Parents are asked to show and teach respect for other children and school staff by keeping children at home if they are not feeling well enough to participate fully. Children must go outside at regular nutrition breaks and must participate in gym, unless a dated physician’s note is provided.  

Public Health Nurse
The Children’s Health Information Line is a telephone link for parents who have questions or concerns regarding children ages 1 to 13 years. The telephone line provides information and advice on childhood health issues, growth and development, parenting, home alone/home safety, nutrition and active living, car seat safety, sun sense, tobacco and substance use, bullying, sexuality and self-esteem.  To speak with a Public Health Nurse, please contact: 905-825-6000 or 1-866-442-5866. [ http://www.halton.ca/ ]www.halton.ca - e-mail: [ mailto:chintake@halton.ca ]chintake@halton.ca.